River Narmada & Maheshwar/Mandleshwar Towns, Madhya Pradesh, India
Detailed Project Report for Abatement of Pollution & Environmental Improvement for River Newaj & City of Rajgarh, Project Cost- US$ 9.78 Million, Madhya Pradesh, India.
National River action plan (NRAP) is a scheme of Govt. of India for conservation and environmental improvement of rivers flowing through identified towns. This is a priority program funded by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India. Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Environmental Management Plan (EMP) need to be developed on ADB Guidelines and Govt. of India MOEF Guidelines on Environment. MSV has prepared a Detailed Project Report for abatement of pollution and for environmental improvement of Rajgarh town on the banks of River Newaj with respect to various systems of the city/ town, listed below:
- Sewerage system
- Sanitation system
- Water Supply
- Water shed/ Catchment treatment
- Municipal solid waste and Industrial Waste
- Bio- medical waste, Agriculture Waste and Dairy Waste
- Non point sources of pollution
- River Front Development, Bathing Ghats, Dhobi Ghats
- Eco-tourism development activities.
- Regulatory Liaison
- HRD & institutional framework.
- Public Awareness and Public Participation
- Environmental Assessment & Mitigations Measures