Tambram – Tindivanam 4 Lane Highway, India
NH-45 (popularly known as GST Road) is one of the important National Highways, which connects Chennai, the Capital City of Tamil Nadu with the southern districts of the state, including major towns such as Tiruchi, Madurai, etc. This National Highway has been entrusted to National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) for development and maintenance. NHAI has taken up the project road from km 28/0 (starting from Tambaram on the outskirts of Chennai City) to km 121/0 (Tindivanam Junction) for development under the Annuity Scheme. Total length of the project road is 93 kms. Out the above, Tambaram- Chengalpattu section from Km 28/0 to Km 67/0 has already been 4-laned and the remaining section from Km 67/0 (Chengalpattu) to Km 121/0 ( Tindivanam) is presently 2-lane road. The project work involves strengthening of the existing 4-lane section from Tambaram to Chengalpattu (from Km 28/0 to Km 67/0) and 4-laning of the existing 2-lane road from Chengalpattu to Tindivanam (from Km 67/0 to km 121/0).
For implementing the work under Annuity Scheme, NHAI signed a Concession Agreement with the Consortium of GMR Power Corporation Ltd., GMR Infrastructure Ltd., GMR Technologies and Industries Ltd. and United Engineer (Malaysia) Berhad. For execution of the project, a company named GMR Tambaram- Tindivanam Expressways Pvt. Ltd. (GMRTTEL) has been formed. GMRTTEL is the Concessionaire for execution of the project. The concession period for the project is 17 years and 6 months commencing from the commencement date and ending with 8th November 2019. During the concession period the concessionaire is authorized to implement and to operate the project facilities in accordance with the Concession Agreement.
Broadly the Project includes
- Road Works
- Flexible Pavement & Rigid Pavement
- Bridge Works
- Drainage Works
- Service Roads
- Rest Areas and Fuel and Service Facilities
- Truck Laybyes & Bus bays
- Communication Systems
- Administration and maintenance Depots
- Fee collection system, including building and related structures, hardware and software.
- Traffic Safety, landscaping, arboriculture and other facilities
- Implementing of EMP & RAP
The project road will have 17 bridges, four new and founder underpasses (2 new and 2 existing), three flyovers
(new), one interchange (new) and three ROB (existing). There are 103 culverts (74 Hume Pipe and 29 slab) in the
existing 4-lane section from 28/0 km 67/0, which will be retained. In the 2-lane Section from km 67/0 to Km 121/0,
PROJECT DATA SHEET – 01
RELEVANT SERVICES CARRIED OUT WHICH BEST ILLUSTRATE QUALIFICATIONS
4 of 3
Firm Name : MSV International, Inc.
there are 77 culverts (35 Hume Pipe and 42 slab), which will be widened to 4-lane except 2 RCC culverts which will
Some of the bridges are:
- Nandivaram Bridge, RCC Solid Slab, 1*8.6, 8.62 m
- Thailvaram bridge, RCC Solid Slab, 1*8.6, 8.62 m
- Minor bridge, RCC Solid slab, 7+7.4+7, 21.42 m
- Minor bridge, RCC T beam+ RCC Solid slab, 25+7.5 Skew Bridge, 32.55 m
- Minor bridge, RCC Solid slab, 9+7.5+9, Skew Bridge, 25.53 m
- Kolavai Tank Bridge, RCC T beam+ RCC Solid slab, 5*12, Skew Bridge, 60.03 m
- Minor bridge, RCC T beam+ RCC Solid slab, 1*18.9, 18.92 m
- Palar RiverBridge, PSC T beam+ RCC Solid slab, 23*29.5, 678.55
- Kattu Odai Bridge, RCC Solid Slab, 1*8.6, 8.62 m
- Kalliar, RCC Solid Slab, 10.9+14*11+10.9, 175.80 m
- Maduran Tangan Bund Supply Channel, RCC Solid Slab, 2*8.4 Skew bridge, 16.8 m
- Omahatki Temple Subway, RCC Solid Slab, 1*7.04, 7.04 m
- Minor Bridge, RCC Solid Slab, 4*11.5, 46 m
- Chunambedu Bridge, RCC T beam+ RCC Solid slab, 13.1+2*13+13.1, 52.2 m
- Ongur River, RCC T beam+ RCC Solid slab, 4*13, 52 m MSV will :
- Act independently and on behalf of both NHAI and concessionaire to review all activities associated with design, construction and O & M to ensure compliance of requirements of Concession Agreement in order to have a sound project.
- Report to NHAI on the financial and technical aspects of the project, after visiting the site at least once a month.
- Assist the parties to the Concession Agreement in arriving at an amicable settlement of dispute.
- Act, if required, on behalf of the concessionaire and fulfill various reporting requirements of the concessionaire.
Contract is implemented under FIDIC conditions.