Solid Waste Management Project, Delhi. India
Independent Monitoring Consultant of the Public Private Partnership Project in the Collection and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) in 3 Municipal Zones (West Zone, South Zone, and Central Zone), Delhi
Independent Monitoring Consultant for Public Private Partnership Project in Collection & Transportation of MSW in 3 Municipal Zones (West Zone, South Zone and Central Zone) of SDMC (Total Population 36.44 Lakh)
- Verification and random checks of weighment and Testing of the MSW at the Landfill Site. In addition, the representative of the independent consultant has to keep watch on the type of waste deposited and ensure that only MSW is deposited at the SLF Site
- Independently review, monitor and where required by the Agreement, to approve the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the Project Facilities to ensure compliance by the Concessionaire with the Operations Plan, Design Requirements, Construction Requirements and O&M Requirements. The MSW rules 2000 lay emphasis on avoiding manual handing of MSW. The collection, storage and transportation of MSW has to be done in closed containers.
- Report to the Parties on the various physical, technical and financial aspects of the Project based on inspections, site visits and Tests. The Independent Consultant has to ensure that S.C. bins are according to DIN standards & all the loading/unloading is done mechanically.
- Assist the Parties in arriving at an amicable settlement of disputes, should the need arise. Such disputes arise mainly on handing over of land and existing facilities by the client to the concessionaire.
- Review matters related to safety and environment management measures adopted by the Concessionaire for the Project.
- The quantity of Daily approx. 1910 Tonnes per day